My goal today was to run for 1 hour with no walking. I did it and I pushed myself to 61 minutes so I could complete 5.50 miles then I walked .50 for a total of 6 miles.
I wish every run started out at mile 3 because after that my legs just went numb.
I could not have walked that far 3 years ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Good job. I'm up to 50 minutes but you've inspired me to go longer. My problem is I cover the timer on the treadmill, when I think I've gone at least 40 minutes I look. What? I've only gone 23 minutes????? Plus, I swear everytime I get on the treadmill I have to go to the bathroom, the baby needs something, etc.
ReplyDeleteBoth of you girls are to be admired! This takes real determination - something we're not all born with. But those of you who can should keep at it and those of us who can't/don't are here cheering for you on the sidelines. Congrats!!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!! Good Job. I've got a long way to go. I usually only run for like 40 minutes. It's great to hear where everyone else is at. Now I know I've got lots of work to do! Thanks for starting this blog!
ReplyDeleteI'm a walker...but you guys give me something to shoot for. However, even when I get skinny...which I will DANGIT....I dont think I will be a runner...never have liked it. I didn't exercise today and I feel lousy. I guess it's good to skip once in a while and realize how much difference it makes. Thanks for the inspiration guys.
ReplyDeleteI was a little to sore to run today. I would have gone to the gym and did some cross training but my kids are sick so I could not take them, and Matt is out of town.
ReplyDeleteFYI: I really don't like to run. I just get fit alot faster running.
I was running around the track at the legacy center a couple of weeks ago with Matt. I had lapped him a few times and when I started to walk again with him, I said "I just ran 14 laps without walking" and he looked at me and said "and you could not run 2 more?" SO I took off and ran 2 more. 16 laps is 2 miles. So my point is, when I ran for an hour the other day I kept hearing Matt saying and you could not go ten more minutes, or .25 more and it would have been another mile. I always find something like that which pushes me more than usual. I have to mix up my workouts as well or I get burned out fast.
I did it! I ran 60 minutes and I'm not too sore today. Question? Katie, can you make it so we can all submit a new Post? Then we can share exercises, tips, hints, in a post rather than just in a comment. Just a suggestion.
ReplyDeleteNow I will hear Matt's voice in my mind when I want to quit. I hope Bruce is ok with that :-)